Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Traffic Tricks for Desperate Bloggers

I love this. Desperate Bloggers. No one dropping by, not to browse, not to have coffee, not even friends who might otherwise leave comments. What does it take to get noticed in this racket?

Well, according to one blogger, all it takes is the following bit of creativity:

"A couple of weeks ago I wrote an article on this website with a sentence in it that contained these three web addresses: www.sex.com www.religion.com and www.hell.com. Now look at the effect in our web log"

About a hundred tracked URLs followed that post.

Hmmmm. The idea gave me cause for pause. So, starting today, I've installed a site tracker. No muss no fuss. Just a bit of code. I'd like to see whether three URLs actually can increase traffic. If it does, great. At least I'll know people with a proclivity toward deviance are alive and well and searching for blogs. If not, ah well, it was worth a shot.

All I have to lose is my dignity, right?